Manuscripts must be submitted by one of the authors of the manuscript via email to: email@example.com. The submitting author takes responsibility for the article during submission and peer review.
Please review the Instructions for Authors before proceeding with submission.
Submission should include the following:
Submissions should include at least 2 file attachments (there will be more file attachments if the manuscript contains figures/tables) as follows:
- Cover letter (this can be the text of the submission email, but must include):
- Author name(s), titles, affiliations, and complete contact information (indicate corresponding author)
- Must also indicate any financial interests, potential conflicts of interest
- Abstract (under 250 words)
- 3-4 keywords
- Body of manuscript
- Acknowledgments (statement(s) of appreciation for [a.] contributory work not warranting authorship; [b.]grant support for the project, etc as required)
- Disclaimer ([a.] affirmation that claims are those of the author if employed by a governmental and/or private corporate agency; [b.] statement of whether the work was directly subsidized and/or contracted by a private or commercial enterprise)
- Competing interests ([a.] statement of any shares, stocks, or holdings held by the author - or the author's immediate relations - that would be affected by representation of claims made in the manuscript; [b.] If none, state "'The author(s) declare that they have no competing interests"); [c.] If yes, describe.
- References Referencing should conform to Vancouver referencing style (also known as the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors style). Click here for examples of Vancouver style on the National Library of Medicine website. To cite within the text, please use a number enclosed in round brackets, eg. (1) or (12), placed in the text of the manuscript, indicates the relevant reference. Citations are numbered consecutively in the order in which they appear in the text and each citation corresponds to a numbered reference containing publication information about the source cited in the reference list. Once a source has been cited, the same number is used in all subsequent references. When using EndNote bibliographic software, please use the following output style - Vancouver.
- Signed and completed authorship responsibility, financial disclosure, and copyright transfer form and any requisite attachments
- Figures and tables must be submitted as separate file attachments (Figures must be submitted as image files. Appropriate image formats: jpeg, gif, ppt, png). Please note the position of the figures/tables in text - for example: "Table 1 here" or "Figure 1 here" - Please do not include the figures in the text file.
For an editable sample manuscript format file in Word click here
If you have any questions or problems please contact the Managing Editor, Sherry Loveless, at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Instructions for Guest Editors only, click here.)